Quantity Discounts give customers special pricing when they buy products in bulk. When you set up Quantity Discounts in your store, you can offer dollar amount discounts or percent off discounts – whichever works best for your business.
For example, you might want to reduce the price by 10% if they buy more than 10 of a certain product, and 15% if they buy more than 100. To do this you need to set up a discount for each quantity range, "10 - 99" and "100 and over".
To do this:
- Go to Marketing > Coupons/Discounts and click Add.
- Assign a Discount Name to the discount (e.g. "10% Off Ten or More").
- Select Percent off a PRODUCT from the Discount Type dropdown menu.
- Set the Discount Value to "10".
- Use the Select Products link to search for and choose products to associate with this discount. The discount can apply to as many or as few products as selected.
- Under Advanced Info, select Define Quantity Requirements and enter "10" in the Minimum Quantity field.
- Enter "99" in the Maximum Quantity field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the process, this time creating a discount called "15% Off One-Hundred or More", entering "100" for the Mininum Quantity and leaving the Maximum Quantity blank.
- At Inventory > Products > Settings > All Products Settings, make sure the Display Discount Button check box is selected.
The customer doesn't have to do anything to qualify for these discounts – other than buy the product in the appropriate quantity!
Once it's set up, you can apply the discount to any product – or even entire categories. You can also set a date range so that the discount only applies during the specified period.
See the Coupons/Discount article for further information.