There are a number of images displayed on your storefront – from product images and background textures to headers and footers – that add to the overall aesthetic and functionality of your site.
You can use the Edit function any time you want to change or modify an existing image element within your storefront.
The Edit function is a pop-up utility that allows you to quickly upload a substitute image to your storefront.
Enabling the Edit Feature
To use the Edit function:
- Log in to your Admin Area and go to your Storefront.
- Under Edit on the Quick Edit Toolbar, select Enable On-Page Editing.
- Now when you mouse over an editable image element, the Edit button will be displayed in its top right corner.
Tip for Removing Images from the Storefront
You can also remove (or hide) images from your storefront by uploading a new image to hide pre-existing graphic elements. This can be done with a simple, three-step process.
- Using your preferred image editing software (Photoshop, Fireworks, MS Paint, etc.) create a small image, approximately 1x1 to 5x5 pixels in size. Fill the image with the background color of your storefront's template and save this image in .GIF format.
- Next, log in to your Admin Area,go to your Storefront, and find the image you want to remove.
- Mouse over the image to engage the Edit feature and upload the new, small image you created in step one.
The original image will now be replaced by the small image containing only the storefront background color, effectively rendering the image invisible to store visitors.