Everyone likes to feel appreciated - especially your customers. With MyRewards, you can show your appreciation by giving something back to your loyal customers while potentially increasing sales.
Enabling the Program
By default the program is disabled.
- From your Admin Area, go to Marketing > MyRewards.
- Use the MyRewards Setup dropdown to select either Points for Product or Points for Cash.
Points for Cash
Use Points for Cash if you want your customers to earn points based on the amount of money they spend in your store. These points can be redeemed for store credit. This is based on the subtotal of the order - before tax and shipping.
Points for Products
Use Points for Product if you want customers to earn points based on specific items they order. If you choose this option, you will need to go into your product records and enter the number of points that products are worth in each product's Reward Points Given For Purchase field. This field is in the Advanced Options section. If you do not want a product to have reward points, leave this field blank.
When you complete and save the Reward Points Given For Purchase field for a product, that product's page will display "You'll earn nn points" after the price.
- Go to Marketing > MyRewards.
- Enter the number of Points Redeemed per Currency Unit. That is, enter how many points are equivalent to one currency unit. For example 100 points = 1 dollar.
- Enter the Minimum Points Required to Redeem. This allows you to set the lowest number of points that can be redeemed.
- If you want there to be a pending period before points are available to the customer, set in Time until Rewards are Redeemable..
- If you want to set an expiration period for points, enter the number of days in the Time Rewards are Redeemable (days).
MyRewards is now set up!
Rewards Points - Show It
This is a setting available to be configured on Categories and Search Results pages. It will allow you to display Rewards Points given for each product from the Category view. This setting will only work if your MyRewards Setup is Points for Product. It will not function with the Points for Cash setting.
How MyRewards Works
Once your customer places an order and it is marked as “Shipped”, the points he or she has accrued will be redeemable after the number of days you set (or immediately if a value is not set). Customers are able to view their MyRewards points by logging into their account on your store. On the My Account page they will see a link to the My Rewards page.
On the MyRewards page, there is an option to redeem points for store credit. Here customers can choose how many points to redeem. If you have set a minimum requirement for redemption this will also be displayed.
There is also a link to read your Terms and Conditions for the Reward program.
You can also edit through your Admin Area using the Design > Site Content page using the article with the ID of 140 and the SPOTKEY of "MyRewards_Terms". Click on the ID to edit the articles text.
Once customers choose to redeem their points, store credit in the form of a gift certificate is created in the admin area and assigned to the customer's record. The next time they go to place an order, their redeemed points will automatically be deducted from the total order amount.
You can also see how many points a specific customer has in their Customer account in your admin panel:
- From your Admin Area, go to Customers > Accounts.
- Click on the ID of the customer to view.
- Scroll to the Special Privileges section in their account record. Within this area there is a Reward Points field which shows how many point this customer has accrued.
- Within this same area there is a checkbox for Removed From Rewards, which you can enable to stop this specific customer from accruing any further points.
Currently there is no way for the system to automatically remove MyReward points when products are returned. Therefore you will need to go into the customer's account, as described above, and subtract the number of points they had been awarded from their Reward Points total.
Orders made using MyRewards gift certificates
Orders to which MyReward store credit has been applied do not themselves qualify for MyReward points. This is regardless of whether the certificate amount covers all or part of the order. You may want to add this information to your MyRewards page so that customers are aware of it before they redeem points, since MyRewards store credit is automatically applied to the first order placed after points are redeemed (and to the next order after that if there is any credit remaining and so on).
See Articles/Site Content/Website Text for information on adding and editing text on your store pages. (The MyRewards text is article 141.)