Your store comes with a number of mailboxes – or email addresses – so you can provide a consistent set of email addresses for your business. All of these emails use the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org. The number of mailboxes available depends on your store pricing plan.
To Create a Mailbox
- Log in to my.volusion.com.
- Click on Manage Email beneath the my Stores heading in the left navigation menu.
- The Email displays.
- If you have more than one domain, you will need to click on the Email Accounts dropdown and select the desired domain.
If any mailboxes have been set up for this domain they will be listed. The number of mailboxes set up and the total you have available are displayed. If you have set up all the mailboxes associated with your plan, you will either have to delete one mailbox or upgrade to another plan before you can create another email account.
- To delete an email address, click on the delete icon in the rightmost column
- To upgrade your plan, click the Need More? link
- Click Add to create a new email address. A pop-up window opens.
- Complete all the fields in this window, and select the Active box (unless you want to disable a mailbox) and click Create.
- The new email address is created.
Password Security Requirements
In order for a password to be accepted, it must contain a minimum of 8 characters, including at least 3 of the following:
- English uppercase letters
- English lowercase letters
- Numerals (0-9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (such as !, #, $, %)
Note: Avoid using characters from your account name, full name, initials, or display name.
To Edit a Mailbox
- To edit an existing email address, click its edit icon .
- Edit the fields as required and click Save.
To Create an Alias
An alias looks like an email address but does not have a mailbox. Instead, any email sent to it will be forwarded to one or more genuine email addresses assigned to it. Creating aliases enables you to gather emails sent to a variety of addresses into one central email account. Alternatively, it can be used to propagate emails sent to one account to a number of accounts.
- On the my.volusion email account management page, click the Add button above Aliases. The Alias pop-up window displays.
- Enter a name for the alias. This cannot be the same as an existing mailbox or alias.
- Enter the mailbox or mailboxes where you want emails sent to this alias to be forwarded. You can also add email addresses that do not belong to this domain – for example, email@example.com. To add multiple emails in the To: box, separate each email with a comma and no spaces.
- Click Create.
To Edit an Alias
- To edit an existing alias click its edit icon .
- Edit the To fields as needed and click Save. You cannot change the alias name.
The Additional Settings link takes you to the Rackspace Hosting control panel for your email account. Please refer to the Rackspace documentation for further information. Further mailbox support and email client setup can be obtained by clicking on the Support Docs link in the Email Hosting panel.
Once you've set up your mailboxes, you're ready to Connect to your Volusion Email Account.