Your store comes with a number of mailboxes that allow you to set up a consistently-named set of email addresses for your business. All of these emails addresses use the following format: email@example.com. The number of email addresses available depends on your store pricing plan. Note that Volusion must be your DNS and / or email host before you proceed.
Creating an Email Address
- Log in to my.volusion.com.
- Click Manage Email below the my Stores heading in the left navigation menu.
- If you have more than one domain, make the appropriate selection from the Email Accounts drop-down menu.
If any email addresses have been set up for the domain, they will display alongside the number of available email addresses and aliases based on your hosting plan allowance. If you have set up all the email addresses associated with your plan, you will either have to delete one or upgrade before you can create another.
- To delete an email address, click the delete icon in the rightmost column
- To upgrade your plan, click Need More?
- Click Add to create a new email address. A dialog box opens.
- Complete all fields and select the Active check box (unless you don't want to enable the mailbox at this time) and click Create.
The new email address is created.
Password Security Requirements
In order for a password to be accepted, it must contain a minimum of 6 characters (although the recommended minimum is 8), including at least 3 of the following:
- English uppercase letters
- English lowercase letters
- Numerals (0-9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (such as !, #, $, %)
Note: Avoid using characters from your account name, full name, initials, or display name.
To Edit a Mailbox
- To edit an existing email address, click its edit icon .
- Edit the fields as required and click Save.
To Create an Alias
An alias looks like an email address but does not have an associated mailbox. Instead, any email sent to it will be forwarded to one or more genuine mailboxes of your choice. Creating aliases allows you to gather emails sent to a variety of addresses into one central account. Alternatively, it can be used to propagate emails sent to one account to a number of accounts.
- On the my.volusion email account management page, click the Add button above Aliases. The Alias pop-up window displays.
- Enter a name for the alias. This cannot be the same as an existing mailbox or alias.
- Enter the mailbox or mailboxes where you want emails sent to this alias to be forwarded. You can also add email addresses that do not belong to this domain – for example, firstname.lastname@example.org. To add multiple emails in the To: box, separate each email with a comma and no spaces.
- Click Create.
To Edit an Alias
- To edit an existing alias click its edit icon .
- Edit the To fields as needed and click Save. You cannot change the alias name.
The Additional Settings link takes you to the Rackspace Hosting control panel for your email account. Please refer to the Rackspace documentation for further information. Further mailbox support and email client setup can be obtained by clicking on the Support Docs link in the Email Hosting panel.
Once you've set up your mailboxes, you're ready to Connect to your Volusion email account.
If you want to check email addresses with Outlook or another POP3-based email client, see Configuring Volusion Email for Use With Microsoft Outlook. You can also configure your email for your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry.
For detailed setup procedures for email on iPhone, Android, Blackberry and other mobile devices, please see the Rackspace Email Portal.