This article will show you how to quickly upload and download files to and from your store with some of the most popular File Transfer Protocol (FTP) software applications available.
For an introduction to FTP, please see our blog post on Getting Started: FTP and Your Volusion Store. For information on setting up your FTP account or troubleshooting connectivity issues with your FTP account, please see FTP Account Setup and FTP Connection Troubleshooting.
When you use FTP to upload images, it can take up to 24 hours for images to be automatically refreshed onto the Content Delivery Network (CDN) servers. To see your images immediately, you should manually refresh your site’s image cache. See Refreshing your CDN Image Cache below for instructions.
FileZilla is a popular FTP client program available as a free download online. The benefit of FileZilla is that it is freely available for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux users. You can download the latest version of FileZilla here.
To log in to your FTP account using FileZilla:
- Launch FileZilla.
- Enter your store's domain name, Servertrust address, or IP address into the field marked Host.
- Enter your username and password in the Username and Password fields respectively.
- Enter "21" into the field labeled Port and click Quickconnect.
Once logged in to your FTP account with FileZilla, your local computer workstation files and directories should be listed in the left-hand column. The local files and directories in your Volusion store will be listed in the right-hand column.
FireFTP is an FTP plug-in for the popular Firefox web browser. Once FireFTP is installed on the browser, it functions as an FTP program within Firefox.
Once you have installed Firefox on your PC, follow these instructions to install FireFTP. Once the plug-in is installed, you can access your Volusion FTP account through Firefox by doing the following:
- Launch the Firefox Browser.
- In Firefox's menu bar, click the Tools link and then select FireFTP.
- Click Create An Account from the dropdown to open the Account Manager window.
- Enter a name for this account (e.g. "my volusion store").
- In the area labeled Host, enter your store's domain name (e.g. "www.myvolusionstore.com"), Servertrust address (e.g. "abcde.fghij.servertrust.com") or your store's IP address (e.g. "18.104.22.168").
- Enter your username and password in the Login and Password fields.
- Click OK.
- You can now select this account from the dropdown to connect to your store's FTP account.
Note that the FireFTP browser window is divided into two sections. The left half of the window contains the files on your local computer. The right half of the browser window lists the files and directories within your store's FTP account.
File Commander is another free FTP client program available to download at http://www.internet-soft.com/ftpcomm.htm.
To log in to your FTP account using File Commander:
- Launch File Commander.
- Click the New Server button above the Server List pane.
- Enter a name for this connection in the Name field so you can save your settings.
- Enter your store's domain name, Servertrust address*, or IP address into the field marked FTP Server.
- If not already set, enter "21" into the field labeled FTP Port.
- Enter your username and password in the User ID and Password fields respectively.
- Leave the checkboxes checked.
- Click Save.
See Finding Your Servertrust Address for additional instructions.
This connection will now be available by clicking the name you gave it in the Server List column.
Once logged in to your FTP account with your local computer workstations, files and directories will be listed in the left-hand column. The files and directories in your store will be listed in the right-hand column.
Most other FTP clients can be configured in much the same way as those shown above.
Resetting your Photo Cache
Your store's product image cache is refreshed every night, making sure that your store shows only current images. However, if you use your FTP to upload product images to your store, you should refresh the cache immediately afterward:
Refreshing your CDN Image Cache
If you’re using the CDN, you’ll need to refresh your CDN Image Cache every time you FTP image files to your store to ensure that the servers on the Akamai CDN have the latest versions of your images. To do this:
- After you have FTPed all your images, go to Setting > Maintenance in your Admin Area.
- Click Refresh beside the CDN Image Cache field.
- The Refresh CDN Image Cache window is displayed. Select the image(s) to be refreshed (i.e. those you have just uploaded) and click Refresh. You also have the option to refresh all product images, although this may reduce your store’s performance while the refresh is being completed.
- A confirmation message will be displayed when the selected images have been refreshed. Click OK to close.
Linking to an Image or File
After you upload an image or file via FTP, you can then link to it from within your store using HTML. Note that when you link to a file or image, you need to add "/v/" before the filepath to where you uploaded the file.
For example, if you upload an image file called image1.jpg to a directory called filedir, you will need to link to it as follows:
You don’t need to include your domain name in the filepath if you are linking to the file from within your store. To link to an image from a different website, you need to include the full reference url:
There are many other applications available for connecting to your Volusion FTP account. If you prefer to use a different FTP program, please do so. As most FTP software performs in a similar manner, the instructions in this article should still help you understand how to connect to your Volusion FTP account with your preferred application.