Monitoring store activity can be a challenge for today's on-the-go business owners. With the free Volusion app, it's easy to keep a pulse on store trends no matter where you are. You'll be able to view orders, check inventory levels, and stay connected to your store's performance - all from your mobile device.
Downloading the Volusion App
The Volusion app is currently available in US, Canadian, and Australian app stores, and will be available for other countries in the near future. You can download the Volusion app from your device's primary app store (Apple iTunes or Google Play) by searching for the word "Volusion," then selecting the app that uses the Volusion logo.
Once your download is complete, launch the Volusion app to access your store's Admin Area.
Logging In with the Volusion App
To log in to your Admin Area:
- In the Store URL field, enter the domain name or temporary URL for your storefront.
- Enter the login credentials for your admin account in the Username and Password fields.
- Tap Sign In.
By default, Keep Me Signed In is enabled. This setting is recommended for single-store merchants who plan to use the app frequently. If you use the Volusion app to access multiple admin accounts or stores throughout the day, you may wish to deselect this option.
Once you've used the Volusion app to log in with more than one account, the app will remember previous logins for easy access in the future. To use a previous login:
- Tap the Recent Stores icon to the right of the Store URL field.
- In the Recent Stores list, look through the login records for the URL and username you want to use again.
- Choose your preferred login credentials from the list, and the app will fill in the Store URL and Username fields on the login screen.
- Enter your admin password in the Password field.
- Tap Sign In.
Logging in with Touch ID
If you're using an iPhone that has Touch ID capabilities, you can use your saved fingerprint to log in to the Volusion app more quickly in the future. The first time you log in using your credentials, you'll see a prompt asking if you'd like to enable Touch ID when signing in to the Volusion app. Tap Enable to do so.
The next time you visit the app's login screen, you'll notice a fingerprint icon in the lower right corner. Tap the fingerprint icon to log in using Touch ID; you can also tap Enter Password when prompted for your fingerprint, if you'd rather log in using your credentials.
Note that you must set up Touch ID on your iPhone before you can take advantage of this login feature.
Using the Volusion App
The Volusion app helps you monitor recent order activity, low stock alerts, product information, and more.
Navigating the App on an iPhone
This knowledge base article refers to navigation paths as depicted on the iPhone.
Navigating the App on an Android Phone
Note that if you see a "No Access" message under any section of the Dashboard, your admin account may not have permission to view all pages.
This section of the Dashboard shows the number of orders and total revenue for a specific time period. Tap a time range to view data for the last 24 hours, the last 7 days, or the last 90 days.
This section displays the five products that were most frequently purchased in your store within a selected time range, as well as the total revenue associated with each item. Slide left or right to view additional items. You can also tap to view Top Products for the current day, week, or month.
For stores that haven't received any orders yet, a "No Top Products" message displays in this section. Once you've sold products, you'll be able to see charts reflecting the related data.
Top Search Terms
If you see a "No Search Terms" notification, be sure that you've enabled any relevant search variables and that your storefront has a visible search bar. For more information, see our articles on Search and Search Refinement Variables and Your Storefront Search Tool.
The Orders section shows a list of all orders in your store. To view a subset of orders, tap the funnel icon near the top of the page. You can choose to view orders with statuses of New, Shipped, Backordered, Payment Declined, and more.
Tapping on an order from the list displays additional details for that order:
- At the top of the Order Details page, you'll see the Order ID number (#XX), the date and time the order was placed (YYYY-MM-DD, T HH:MM:SS) and Fraud Score if applicable.
- The Details section lists the individual items and quantities in an order, tax, and shipping fees.
- Tap Notes to view any order, gift, or private notes associated with the order.
- Tap Customer Information to view billing and shipping addresses for the order, as well as any additional customer data and order history.
- Tap Documents to view the Invoice and Packing Slip for this order.
- Tap Tracking to view any tracking numbers related to shipped orders, as well as the shipment method and date.
- The Payment section displays the customer's chosen payment method and a Receive button to process the payment.
- The Status section displays the order's current status and a Complete Order button.
Note that if you see a "No Access" notification on the Orders page, your admin account may not have permission to view orders.
The Products page shows a list of all products in your store, including the Product Code and an icon to indicate when a product is hidden.
To view additional information, tap a product's name from the list. Tap Edit to modify a product's Name, Code, Price, Weight, Description, assigned Categories, and various display and availability settings. You can also Delete a product all together from within the app.
Be sure to click Save in the upper right corner after making any changes to a product's details.
At this time, updating a product's stock count, Options or product images should be completed through the Admin Area rather than through the app.
Note that if you see a "No Access" notification on the Products page, your admin account may not have permission to view products.
The Customers page shows a list of all customer accounts in your store. To view Customer Details, tap a product's name from the list.
From within the app, you can view a customer's Contact Info, Notes about their account, Tax & Discounts settings, and Order History.
Tap the More icon to view low inventory alerts and any unread Admin Area announcements, or to log out of the app.
Tapping Low Inventory will show a list of any items in your store that have a low stock count. Tap the filter icon in the upper right to choose whether the list is sorted by each product's Name or Stock, and to sort the list by ascending or descending order.
When none of your products have low stock, you'll see a notification that says "Product inventory levels are good."
If you see an "Alarm Not Set" message, you may not have any products configured with a Stock Low Qty Alarm. For more information about this feature, see our main article on Products.
Note that if you see a "No Access" message on the Low Inventory page, your admin account may not have permission to view products.
This page lists the same product and marketing announcements you can view in your Admin Area. Tap on the title of an announcement to view the full message or delete it.
The Help section provides further documentation for the Volusion app.
- Tap Feedback to rate the app or email us with a question.
- Tap FAQs for further information about using this app.
- Tap Terms to view a copy of Volusion's Terms of Service.
If you're using an iPhone with Touch ID capabilities, you can enable or disable the Touch ID login feature here. See Logging in with Touch ID for more information.
If you're using an Android device, you can access additional Settings by tapping the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner of the app. You can also access Low Inventory, Announcements, and Help individually by tapping the Menu icon in the upper left corner and then tapping on the desired page name.
Logging Out of the Volusion App
To log out of the app on an iPhone:
- Tap the More icon in the bottom menu.
- Tap Sign Out in the upper right corner of the page.
To log out of the app on an Android device:
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner of the app.
- Tap Sign Out.