Going the extra mile can really set you apart from the competition, and offering gift wrapping can be a great incentive for shoppers to choose your store – especially during the holidays and special occasions.
Enabling Gift Wrapping and Gift Notes
To enable gift wrapping and gift notes:
- In your Admin Area, go to Settings > Config Variables.
- From the Filter menu, select Checkout Variables.
- Select the Enable Gift Wrap Option.
Now customers will see a Show Gift Options During Checkout? message during checkout.
If a customer selects this option, they'll see a Gift Options page when they click Login & Checkout or Proceed to Checkout.
On the Gift Options page, customers can enter a free gift note that applies to the entire order. This is available regardless of whether all or any of the products in the order are enabled for gift wrapping.
For products in the order that are eligible for gift wrapping, customers will see a gift note text box and a check box they can select to have this product gift wrapped.
The total cost of gift wrapping is displayed on the checkout page as a separate line item.
Enabling Products for Gift Wrapping
Next, select the products you want to make eligible for gift wrapping and set a cost for each.
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- Select the product you want to make eligible for gift wrapping.
- Under Advanced Info > Pricing, enter a cost in the Gift Wrap Cost field.
- Click Save.
Please be aware that the gift wrapping option will not be offered to customers when a product's price is zero.
Processing Orders with Gift Wrapping and Gift Notes
When you print the invoice for an order with gift wrapping and/or gift notes, you'll see:
- The gift note for the order
- Products that need to be gift wrapped are indicated
- Gift notes displayed for products (when requested by the customer)
The gift note for the order can also be viewed by clicking Gift Notes in the Notes section.