The best way to optimize your store for mobile devices is to use our responsive templates, which automatically detect the user's device type and display accordingly. If you're using our legacy Mobile Commerce feature, please be aware that some store configurations are not ideal.
The following features are not supported for Mobile Commerce:
- Forced account creation at checkout (when the config variables Allow Anonymous Checkouts and All Checkouts Anonymous are disabled)
- Note that Mobile Checkout will always allow anonymous checkout for optimal mobile conversion rates.
- Members' prices, members-only storefronts, and any kind of experience dependent on being logged in
- Payment methods other than the four major credit cards or PayPal Express
- If Mobile Checkout is enabled and you do not accept credit cards or PayPal Express, shoppers will be redirected to the Enhanced One Page Checkout to complete their order.
- Amazon Pay only displays to shoppers on mobile devices if you disable Mobile Checkout; if you want to offer Amazon Pay to all shoppers, we recommend that you use a responsive template instead of mobile commerce.
- International Tax Settings, such as prices inclusive or exclusive of VAT and/or GST
- Disable VAT is the only international tax setting supported.
- Deal of the Day prices
- Deal of the Day products will still display at the regular price in any applied categories
- Add To Cart Replacement Text for individual products
- Add to Cart for Better Price and Email a Better Price (the Sale Price automatically displays)
- Store Admin Area
- Site content other than categories and products
- Graphics other than logo and product images
- Page text changes that apply to the standard storefront
- Commercial address selection
- Mobile Checkout will always designate addresses as Residential, even when the desktop version of your site allows shoppers to choose their address type.
- Single address entry (when the config variable Allow Different Shipping and Billing Addresses is unchecked)
- Mobile Checkout will always allow separate billing and shipping addresses
How Categories Display
If enabled, Featured Products, New Products, Superdeals, and/or Top Sellers display first. These are followed by all categories that contain one or more products.
By default, any eligible categories display alphabetically; if you've assigned a Display Order to any of your categories, this will override the default display and show categories in the order you've specified. When multiple categories or subcategories have the same Display Order assigned, they appear in alphabetical order relative to each other.
Note that certain nonstandard ways of setting up menus may result in categories being duplicated on the Mobile Storefront.
All category configurations are supported except:
- categories with no products or subcategories
- categories marked as hidden
- categories containing hidden products only
- categories containing custom HTML content only
- categories with an Alternate URL specified in Advanced Info > Misc
- categories with Custom SQL Filter set up in Advanced Info > Misc
- categories that are accessible for specific customers only (private categories)
- categories not assigned to a navigation menu
All product configurations are supported except:
- products marked as hidden
- products that are out of stock and cannot be backordered
- products using Dropdown Smartmatch
- products using Multi Child Add to Cart
- products using Jump to Product Code
- products with a value in the Min Qty field
- products using Is Product Code
- downloadable products
Note that recurring products display on the Mobile Storefront with a Product Price of $0.00, instead of the specified Promotional Starting Price or Recurring Price. Once these products are added to the cart, the proper pricing displays.
Volusion Mobile Commerce is supported for 4.1x (Android) and iOS7 (iPhone) operating systems. For more information on enabling and customizing Mobile Commerce, see our Volusion Mobile Commerce article.