In some cases, you may need to contact all customers who purchased a particular product to deliver a security alert or request a recall. You can run a simple query to collect the email addresses of all affected customers by following these steps:
- In your Admin Area, go to Orders > Process Orders.
- Click Quick Search. If you do not see this option because you have only one open order and you arrive automatically on its details page, type the following address in your address bar: http://<YOURDOMAIN>/admin/TableViewer.asp?Table=Orders&isDefaultView=False
- Type the product's Code value in the ProductCode field.
- Click Search. You will see a list of all orders that included the product, with the email addresses of the purchasers. If you do not see the email addresses, click the three-dot actions menu icon and select Customize Columns. In the Customize Columns dialog box, select the Email check box and click Apply Changes.
Note that you may find it easier to work with the list in spreadsheet format. To obtain one:
- Click the three-dot actions menu icon and select Export Results.
- In the Export Results dialog box, type a name in the Add to QueryBank as field.
- Click Export.
- On the next page, select the name you just chose from the Saved Queries menu.
- From the File Format menu, select CSV - Comma Delimited Text File.
- Click Export.
- Click Download on the right.
- Follow your browser's prompts to access the file.
Once you've identified the email addresses associated with any customers who purchased a particular product, you can use your preferred method of email communication to alert them to the recall.