You can print packing slips for outgoing orders from each order's details page. By default, all packing slips generated by your store will show the shipping and billing information for the order, as well as the products that were ordered and shipped, but they aren't preconfigured to display the total and price for the products displayed within an order's packing slip (this information is displayed on the order's printable invoice).
If you want to display this information on the packing slip, the instructions below will explain how to override your store's settings to display order costs and grand totals on your packing slips.
Generate a Packing Slip
To generate a packing slip for a particular order, do the following:
- In your Admin Area, go to Orders > Process Orders and click the ID number of the order you want to generate a packing slip for.
- Within the order, click the Packing Slip link on the top right portion of the order screen.
- A new page will be displayed containing the packing slip. A pop-up window will also display to prompt you to print the packing slip.
Modifying the Packing Slip
Next, you will need to modify the URL for the page your store just generated in order to display pricing information on the packing slip.
- Click the Cancel button in the print dialog pop-up.
- Next, look at the URL for the packing slip page. Find the portion of the URL that reads, PackingSlip=Y"
- Replace the Y with an N and press Enter to override the default settings for the packing slip.
- When the page reloads, the packing slip will contain pricing information for the order.
- Now you can print the packing slip.
Please note that by default, your store's packing slip does not display pricing information. This option can only be changed manually using the steps described above and cannot be applied as a default setting.
The directions above will present the Invoice view of the order which includes the QTY and prices on the order. If you do not wish the view to read as an invoice, you can change the "Invoice=Y" in the url to "Invoice=N" which will not display a header.