It may never happen, but you may one day be contacted by someone who isn't a customer but who wants to buy a gift certificate for someone else to use at your store. You could persuade them to become a customer, or you could follow the steps below:
- Click Orders > Phone Orders.
- Make sure the Anonymous tab is selected in Customer Type.
- Scroll down to the Order Summary and click the Go Shopping button.
- Your store front is displayed in a new window. Enter "gift" in the Search box.
- Click on the Gift Certificate and then click the Add to Cart button.
- Ask the customer if her or she wants to send the certificate by email or by mail and click the appropriate link.
- With the customer's assistance, complete the fields that now appear. If sending by email, ensure a valid email is entered.
- Click Add Certificates to My Shopping Cart.
- Close the window displaying the store front and go back to the window displaying your Phone Order page.
- Click Refresh.
- The gift certificate details will now appear.
- Complete the Address and Payment sections. Remember to enter the shipping address for the person to who the gift certificate is to be sent.
- Click Place Order.
- If your customer chose to send the certificate by email it should now be sent. If they chose to send it by mail, go to the Print section at the top of the order page and click Gift Certificates.
- Using your browser controls, print the certificate.
- Now complete the order as usual by entering the payment information and clicking the Complete Order button.
Both the email and printed versions of the certificate show the URL to be entered by the recipient to apply the certificate.