Review this information to get an idea of what to expect when you visit the different sections of your Admin Area.
The Dashboard is the first page you see when you log in to your Admin Area, and provides a quick glance at your store reports. You can customize the widgets to display the basic stats you would like to see when you log in.
You can return to your Dashboard from any page in the Admin Area by clicking Dashboard in the top navigation menu.
Top Navigation Menu
- Process Orders: This is where you manage all of your orders. You can capture payment and edit orders, print labels, as well as batch processing. Orders
- Phone Orders: The phone order screen allows you to take orders over the phone. This screen is configured to be both the shopping cart and the checkout page, to make collecting order and billing information easy. How to Process Phone Orders
- Recurring Billing: Manage your recurring billing orders here. Process all due recurring charges in batch processes. Recurring Billing
- Returns/RMAs: Manage all returns and RMAs here. Returns and RMAs
- Point of Sale: If you have a UPC scanner and a card scanner you can create orders here. (Only use this if you have these scanners - otherwise use the Phone Orders page.) Point of Sale (POS) System
- Abandoned/Live Carts: View real time information about live and abandoned carts here. Abandoned / Live Carts
- CRM System: This Customer Relationship Management system can be configured to connect with your store email addresses to allow customers to submit tickets for assistance. It can be configured to have multiple departments, private ticket notes and multiple users / responders. CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System
- Accounts: Manage your customer information and account settings from this page. Customer Account Management
- Customer Reviews: Manage customer reviews on products and set up review filters here. Customer Reviews of Your Products
- Administrators: View and manage customer accounts with administrator access here. Administrator Account Management
- Admin History: This page allows you to view all account that have logged into your store, in addition to what pages of your administration area were accessed by administrators. Admin History
- Knowledge Base: Create articles to answer common customer questions. How to Set Up a Knowledge Base
- Categories: Manage all of your categories, subcategories and their settings on this page. Categories
- Products: Manage all of your Products and their settings on this page. Products
- Options: Manage your product options and option categories here. Product Options
- Import/Export: Import / Export all of your tables. Build and save custom exports. This page is also the home of the Volusion API and QuickBooks exports. Import / Export
- Vendors: Create and manage your vendor information here. Vendors
- Purchase Orders: Create, edit, and manage your POs on this page. Purchase Orders
- Receiving: Inventory system used for adding incoming merchandise using the keyboard or scanner. Receiving
- Product Key Distribution: This page is used to manage product keys for software products. Product Key Distribution
- Warehouses: Create warehouses here, used for drop shipping and shipping charge calculation. Warehouses
- Social: Connect your store directly to Twitter and Facebook to post about and promote your store's products and categories. Social Media
- Facebook Store: Set up and manage your Facebook store. The Volusion Facebook Store Feature
- Sell on eBay: Integrate your Volusion store with your eBay seller account. Selling on eBay With Volusion
- Deal of the Day: Schedule and promote daily deals to bring shoppers to your storefront. Deal of the Day
- Coupons/Discounts: Create and manage your stores coupons and discounts. Coupons / Discounts
- Nav Menu Promotions: Manage promotions found in your left navigation menu. Special Sales, SSL badges, and Credit Card logos are here. Nav Menu Promotions
- MyRewards: Configure and manage your customer reward system. MyRewards
- Newsletters: Create newsletter emails to send to your customers on your mailing list. Newsletters
- Gift Certificates: Manage your gift certificates here. Gift Certificates
- SEO: Control your SEO settings and add global meta tags on this page. SEO Features
- Affiliates: Manage your affiliates and their settings here. Affiliates
- In-Stock Requests: List your customers' in-stock requests. In-Stock Requests
- Template: Choose a free or premium paid template from the Volusion template library. Templates
- Logos: Upload logos for your website title and invoices. Logos
- Mobile: Enable an optimized browsing and checkout experience for shoppers using mobile devices. Volusion Mobile Commerce
- Site Content: Home of all the articles on your site. Create and manage your articles. Site Content and Articles
- Navigation Menu: Control the look of the navigation menus on your storefront. Navigation Menus
- File Editor: Use a text editor to modify your template's HTML and CSS. You can also edit certain automatically generated email templates here. File Editor
- Product Display Settings: Configure the comparison and search pages, as well as special product sections on your homepage. Product Display Settings
- Homepage Slideshow: Upload images and configure settings for a slideshow on your homepage. Homepage Slideshow and Main Image
- Reporting: Generate reports about orders, store profits and much more. Reporting
- ROI Tracking: Create tracking URLs for campaigns, and maintain lists of referrers . Also the same area you can use to track affiliate traffic to your site. ROI Tracking
- Affiliate Stats: Info about affiliate sales and commissions. Affiliate Stats
- Search Terms: List of common search terms customers use when searching on your site. Your Storefront Search Tool
- Company: Set up your company information here. Company Settings
- Shipping: Setup and test your shipping methods. Set what methods are available to what countries. Register and configure your live rate calculations. Shipping
- Tax: Configure your tax rates here. Apply tax rates to certain states and countries. Tax
- Payment: Control what payment methods are available to your customers. Input payment gateway information, set up PayPal and other payment methods. Payment Settings
- Currency: Create profiles for each type of currency you would like your customers to shop with. Currency Settings
- IP Firewall: Restrict IP access to your site for both the storefront and back end administration pages. IP Firewall
- Config Variables: Configuration settings for your checkout, email, and general store settings. Config Variables
- Custom Fields: Setup custom fields. Use text boxes and drop downs to display/gather information for your Customers table or for individual orders. Custom Fields
- Maintenance: Close your store, set up 301 redirects, remove old orders and increment order IDs. Maintenance Features
Any time you're logged into your store as an administrator, you'll be able to see the fixed Volusion Toolbar at the top of every page.
Note that the toolbar links vary slightly between the Admin Area and the storefront. See our Volusion Toolbar article for more information.
Admin/Storefront Toggle Button
On the right side of the toolbar in the Admin Area, you'll see a View Store icon that lets you view your website as shoppers would see it. Click the View Store icon to go to your storefront.
When you want to return to your Admin Area from the storefront, click the arrow icon in the upper-right corner of the page. Once the toolbar expands, click the three-dot actions menu to expose additional options, then click Dashboard.
When you're viewing a page in the Admin Area, you can hover over Get Help in the upper right corner to get a direct link to our knowledge base (View Our Support Site).
You can also click Get help with this page to view a help article specific to the page you're currently viewing, whether in the Admin Area or on the storefront. These pages contain training videos, common questions, and help documentation.
This circular icon with letters contains the initials of the administrator currently logged in. When you click on the icon, you'll be able to see the following:
- Store ID: This is the unique identifier for your store. It can be used to assist in finding your store information when you contact Volusion Support.
- My Volusion: Links to your my.volusion.com account, or if you are not currently logged in, links to the page to log in to your my.volusion.com account.
- Log Out: Click to log out of your Admin Area account.
The Publish button will only appear if you have the Config Variable Enable Immediate Publish disabled (unchecked). When this variable is unchecked, changes you make in the Admin Area may not be pushed to the storefront immediately. The Publish button appears on the right side of the Admin Area navigation menu when you have pending changes. Clicking it will publish your changes to the storefront.
Visit Settings > Config Variables to find and enable immediate publishing to your storefront (this will eliminate the need for the Publish button, since all changes will go live on your storefront immediately).
If you find yourself lost or confused about the function of a particular page or field, there are a couple sources of information that can help you when navigating the administration area pages.
- Get Help: Certain Admin Area and storefront pages contain links to dedicated support articles with further information. Click Get Help With This Page from the Get Help drop-down menu to view one of these articles.
- Field Help Button: These "question mark" buttons are found next to most fields throughout the Admin Area. Click on one to get information about that specific field. Note that you may see field names with a dashed underline instead of a button; clicking on one of these field names also causes help information to display.